Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Helping hands



My day started out not so fabulous.  The kids have all been sick for the last 2 months.  It seems like they are all just taking turns being sick.  I have managed to escape most of this sickness, but now I have a sore throat.  Boo!  And no one is adjusted to daylight savings yet.  Kori is teething and stuffed up and she's been screaming since 530 this morning.  It just seemed like the deck was stacked against me this morning.  But when she started to help me with the dishes, all I could do was smile.



All three of the kids are always trying to help me out around the house.  Whether it's sweeping or vacuuming, dusting, mopping.  You name it and they want to help out.  Sometimes I really get frustrated because it always takes longer to do a task with my little helpers and Mommy's time is precious!  Most of the time I try to enjoy their enthusiasm and let them help.  Today, it was Kori helping put the dishes away.  The silverware never ends up exactly where it belongs, but really, "Who cares!"  She's having fun and I love watching her work so hard to complete her task.  Especially since she can barely reach the drawers.


And she's always so proud of herself.


Thank you kiddos for making my world brighter.

1 comment:

  1. It's always so good to stop and see the bigger picture, isn't it? Like you said, "Who cares?" that the silverware isn't where it really belongs. I need to be less anal about that stuff and just let my kids HELP. Thanks for the good example, April! :o)

    ReplyDelete